09 June 2009

Lion Brewery Beers Currently on Tap Locally

Lionshead
The Bog (Scranton, PA)
The Casanova (Scranton, PA)
Celtic Kegs
The Mines (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Peanut Bar (Carbondale, PA)
Polska Amerykanska Organization
Gene's (Oakland/Pittsburgh, PA)
TGI Fridays (Wilkes-Barre, PA )
Senunas (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Darkhorse Tavern (State College, PA)
Legends (Wilkes-Barre, PA) (coming soon)
Bart & Urby's (Wilkes-Barre, PA)

Lionshead Lt
Dukeys (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Anthracite (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
North End Slovak (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Polish American (Wilkes-Barre, PA)

Pocono Lager
Wachovia Arena (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Glenmaura National Golf Club (Moosic, PA)
Konefals Restaurant (Edwardsville, PA)
Burger & Co.
Legends

Pocono Pale Ale
Ship's WHeel, Harrisburg, PA

Market Cross Pub in Carlisle, PA now has Pocono Pale Ale on tap

Steg 150
Wachovia Arena (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Bart & Urby's (Wilkes-Barre, PA)



Steg Porter
Dugans (Luzerne, PA)
Wachovia Arena (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Pocono Brewing Company (Swiftwater, PA)
Sabatini’s Pizza (Exeter, PA)
Dawson's Pub (Manayunk)
Zeno's (State College, PA)
Market Cross Pub (Carlisle, PA)


Steg Gold Medal
400 Club (Nanticoke, PA)
Daylidas Bar and Grill (Warrior Run, PA)
Dukey’s (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Henry Citizens Club (Plains, PA)
Konefals (Edwardsville, PA)
Lackawanna Station Hotel (Scranton, PA)
Mergo’s Wonder Bar (Plymouth, PA)
North End Slovak (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Ooh Ooh Bird Café (Pittston, PA)
Polish American Vet. Club (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Polish American Citizen’s Club (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Sanko’s Bar (Olyphant, PA)
Stan’s Café (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Tony Stella’s GoodFellows (Scranton, PA)

25 comments:

stingo said...

Thanks for the list! I'm very surprised though that Marty's Blue Room isn't listed. This might call for a research trip to see what's what.

Professor Bartels said...

Great work, well done! Couple of suggestions to improve... can you put location of the town after the name of the bar, for those of us coming from out of town. Also, are you amenable to putting in towns outside of the NEPA area? Like if someone spots lion drafts in central pa or southeast pa? I happen to know Gene's in Oakland (pittsburgh) has lionshead on tap...

mybeerbuzz said...

I noticed that....if you do a field-trip to Marty's please report back.

mybeerbuzz said...

Sure...I'll see if I can come up with towns for each and yes I'll be happy to include reports from outside the area as well. We do have readers from the Philly, Allentown, sothern NY state and yes a few Pittsburgh area readers also.

mybeerbuzz said...

Town names added. My apologies if I got any wrong....

Professor Bartels said...

Awesome,thanks. faithful readers in Harrisburg as well...

mybeerbuzz said...

Thank you and welcome to Harrisburg...glad to see you on board.

sam k said...

Nice list. I'm going to have to get someone to sign me in at the North End Slovak Club next time I'm in town! Three Lion taps...woo-hoo!!

Anonymous said...

fyi, i'm a reader from CT..i have family in PA and visit frequently...the Lion is a fave of mine. great site, keep it up!!!

mybeerbuzz said...

Thanks for checking in and thanks for the kinds words. We also love the Lion beers and I'll actually be @ the Lion later today. Stay tuned later for a report.

Anonymous said...

Anthracite and Dugans both have Holiday Warmer on draft.

mybeerbuzz said...

Thanks...I enjoyed one there the other night muyself...and Anthracite just added it to their list this afternoon.

Lee Botschaner said...

Good news, apparently Dawson's pub in Manayunk is pouring stegmaier porter drafts now. They are the special at certain times for the unbelievable price of $1.00!

Why cant we have a similar option here in Harrisburg?

mybeerbuzz said...

Wow...$1 Steg Porters. At that price I'd be able to afford the cab ride home too.

Lee Botschaner said...

Mr. Mybeerbuzz: any word on the progress of liebotschaner cream ale? also, thanks again for your website, I've grabbed 3 sixtels of steg porter in part b/c the lion agreed to rack so many b/c of your website! I know they only brew the porter a few times a year so if you do similar next time, make an announcement and a call for folks to get their orders in, not only would you be doing a public service to your listeners but also helping out the Lion with some built-in sales. Something to think about and keep up the good work...

mybeerbuzz said...

Will do...I'll mention it to Leo. I'm still hearing April-ish for Lieb

Lee Botschaner said...

Mr. Mybeerbuzz-- good news, Safe Haven in Brooklyn now has Safe Haven lager on draft which is actually stegmaier porter. I had one this Friday and it was quite good. also had a lionshead draft in manhattan at hop devil, eschewing the bigger priced more exotic beers...

mybeerbuzz said...

Thanks Lee

I didn't know that...Safe Haven "Lager" is actually a Porter?

We're starting to see more and more Lionshead here too....good news for everyone @ Lion.

Lee Botschaner said...

Ugh, Sorry, dont know why i typed porter (multi-tasking or i just have their porter on my brain)

Correction: Safe haven lager is actually stegmaier amber lager!

mybeerbuzz said...

I must be multi-tasking to have the Porter on my brain too...I believed it.

On a semi-related note I tasted an experimental Porter based on the many requests for a more licorice-flavored Porter found here on mybeerbuss...It was made w/fermented Lion root-beer and was actually really good.

Lee Botschaner said...

Get Aht Vunst!

That is really cool. Where did you have it? Are you at liberty to divulge anymore information like will us pedestrians get a crack at it or will it see the light of day? I'd be happy to come up and help you kill a growler if you have one!

As far as believing me I'm glad you did, even in error since I pride myself on the veracity of my field reports!

mybeerbuzz said...

It was good...if you check the main page there are at least two pretty solid clues there about where I had it ;)

It was only experimental so no it won't see the light of day or be available to the public and no there aren't any growlers out there. It was purely an experiment....a tasy experiment but just a test.

Lee Botschaner said...

Gene's in Oakland continues to support the Lion by pouring lionshead. they even had a "keep the glass" promotion when I was out there march 7.

Lee Botschaner said...

Looks like a new website for the lion

mybeerbuzz said...

You bet Lee...I've been watching the progress and I think it looks great.